The slides for lecture 4 (29-Sep-2016). The core topics are:
- Simple architecture and design documentation concepts.
- Defining interfaces using Swagger, and what makes a good interface.
- “Programmable Web” and the role of using APIs.
- Expanding the project to start calling web APIs, address verification in this case.
Lecture 4 Slides
I have uploaded the slides for the 15-September lecture in my class (lecture2-v0.7).
- Discussion of Serverless relative to Microservices.
- Allusions to some design patterns for serverless app. implementation.
- Starting to use DynamoDB.
- End-to-end walkthrough of the elements/code of a simple NodeJS/DynamoDB Lambda function.
The lectures will evolve from tutorials/context to deeper overviews of the material once I know that the students can implement a simple end-to-end function.
I have uploaded the Lecture Slides from my 1st lecture at Columbia for COMS E6998 — Modern Serverless Cloud Applications. The slides reference some demos that I have to rerecord. I give demos in class but also record videos to enable the students to see the demos again.